sometimes I have bad days
but then I’m like
it COULD be worse
I could be in a Bosch painting
Whew, finished with everything with almost a half-hour to spare!
This is a four day sculpt that represents around ~15 hours of sculpting. It’s polymer clay, which I pretty much never use… but it seemed to work out well for this.
Mads is HARD to sculpt, and I don’t think it’s perfect, but I’m really pleased with him. The likeness is there and I have to admit that I’m tickled by the little organs hanging from his antlers. I tried to make little fishing lures to bring in the Will connection. In particular, one of the hearts turned out really well. There are two hearts, two pieces of a liver, a tongue, and a kidney. The kidney’s adorable, but I didn’t get any good pics.
It was really neat sculpting him fast like this… and without worrying about production or if it’s even possible to mold him to cast. He is what he is. It’s my first sculpt since that seminar with Philippe Faraut. I learned so much!
Another one for the book - again! This is Merlin, a very special Siamese belonging to two of my good friends. He’s special. In fact, now he is a beautiful bead strung upon a red-stringed necklace!
Come on, you didn’t REALLY think I’d put out another book without at least one poop drawing.
I’m doing an art giveaway to thank my crazy followers.
- TWO WINNERS: a sort of grand prize and also a runner up.
- First prize: 3 high-quality fanart prints (your choice from my gallery, up to 11x17, though sizes may vary depending on proportions), a handmade traditional sketch by me (from the fandom of your choice), a pair of rainbow socks (because rainbow socks are awesome), and maybe some other cool junk.
- Runner up: 1 high-quality print (same as above), a handmade traditional sketch (fandom of your choice), and other goodies that won’t be rainbow socks but will still entertain you.
- Reblog/like up to four times until September 28, 2012. I’ll pick the two winners at random after midnight (EST). Spammers and jerks won’t count, so don’t be either.
- Following me is not necessary unless you really want to, but please make sure your inbox is open so I can contact you.
- I’ll ship anywhere in the world. Just make sure you have your parents’ permission if you’re underage in your country.
LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE and reblog if you haven’t. ^_^
To celebrate 1k followers, I thought it’d be great to do a giveaway for our lovely followers as a way of showing how much we appreciate you all! I contacted RAQStv.com to see if they’d be interested in giving away at least one discount code. Today, I got word from one of the members with two special offers!
I’m calling this giveaway “Belly Dance Now” because we all agree that you shouldn’t wait to start belly dancing, right? However, I will say these workshops being made available are more suited for intermediate to advanced belly dancers. Now, onto the details…
- 5 followers gain access to Kami Liddle’s Tribal Fest workshop for free
- 1 follower will get a 3-month Zoe Jakes membership to her workshop “Train Like a Pro” (I’m currently renting this and just so you know, it might kick your a$$.)
- You must be following I Love Belly Dance
- You must like and reblog this post.
Deadline: Sunday, July 8th 11:59pm EST
How the winners will be chosen
I will be using random.org to pick 6 winners. The first person I pick will get the Zoe Jakes membership and the following 5 will get Kami Liddle’s workshop. Of course, I will verify that you follow us! If you’re one of the winners, you’ll get details in your inbox so make sure your Ask box is open!
Good luck and thanks again for following! <3
Also, thanks so much to RAQStv for agreeing to do this! Ya’ll RAQ!
(These are paintings!) By Gregory Thielker.
A three second exposure meant that subjects had to stand very still to avoid being blurred, and holding a smile for that period was tricky. As a result, we have a tendency to see our Victorian ancestors as even more formal and stern than they might have been.
There’s nothing like listening to a tropical storm raging outside my house.